Basically, I made six circular borders for the new planter I made. I figured the metal borders would keep out the rocks surrounding the plants and keep the mulch inside. It turned out exactly as I envisioned. I am very happy with the results.
My only quibble, if any, is that the strips weren't rusty enough ... they mostly appeared brand new, with a few stains here and there. Still, they are barely visible around the plants, so being "rusty" didn't really count for much.
Overall, I am very happy with the flexibility of the strips involved, they were easy to shape and cut. I used every last bit! Thanks!